Collection of Your Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with your Personal Information. The Personal Information that we may collect when you visit our websites or use our products generally falls into the following categories:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- Identifiers that allow us to recognize you or your devices, such as a school ID, the account number that we assign you, or your device and advertising identifiers.
- Relationship Information that helps us do business with you. For students, this may include your school affiliation, expected degree and graduation date, your courses of study, grades, learning style and how you engage with our products and content, and similar information that can help us tailor our content and offer you personalized instruction. For professionals, this may include your professional credentials and affiliations and the products and services that may interest you or your school. If you are an instructor, we may also collect information about the types of courses you teach, your teaching style and student engagement, and similar information that can help us tailor our content and improve your effectiveness in the classroom.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with PinPoint Market Research Blog, including your purchase history, information about your use of our content (including time spent on material and results of in-product assessments), customer account information and information about how you use our websites and applications. If you purchase products from us online, we also collect payment card information as needed to process your payment.
In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as when you register on our websites, signup to receive materials electronically or make a purchase. We may collect additional information about you from your school, such as information about the classes you are teaching, and from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers. We may also collect information from publicly-available social media sites, such as Twitter.
We also collect Personal Information when you contact us, such as for customer service purposes. Additionally, we may obtain content that is captured and recorded when taking a course, such as video or audio recordings for use in language courses.
We also obtain Contact Information and Relationship Information about prospective customers from other members of the PinPoint Market Research Blog and from other third party lead providers. We will respect your preferences and as described in this Privacy Notice.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the products, content or services selected by you or your institution and for related activities, such as customer service, account management, support and training, reporting and to provide other services related to your school’s account,
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our websites, apps, products, services, systems, networks and facilities, including physical security, cybersecurity, fraud detection and prevention and intellectual property protection
- Providing you with marketing communications and offers for products and services from PinPoint Market Research Blog companies and our partners, including personalized offers based on your usage of our products and to manage your communications preferences,
- Providing you with additional information that may be of interest, such as news and announcements, study tips for students or teacher guides for professionals,
- Administering surveys and other promotional events,
- Determining if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers, such as rebates or content guides offered to professionals and students for certain courses,
- Understanding how you use our products, content and services, including associating you with the different devices you may use to access our content, for analytics and product development purposes as well as to improve your user experience and to personalize offers that we make to you, and
- Managing our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
Sharing Your Personal Information
PinPoint Market Research Blog does not sell any student information or other Personal Information that we collect from website visitors or the users of our products. We may disclose your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties as permitted by law:
- If you are affiliated with an educational institution, with your school and (if you are student) with your instructors. For example, we provide our institutional clients with reports about how their instructors and students use our products, including information that compares instructors and students within a school. If you are a student, your instructors will have access to the information generated by your use of the products for a class. We may also provide Personal Information to your school, as needed, to investigate possible academic fraud or cheating. Your school uses your Personal Information in accordance with its own privacy policies.
- With our affiliates, which may use your Personal Information for the purposes listed above.
- With our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions.
- With authorized partners that provide services to you through PinPoint Market Research Blog and similar platforms but only to the extent that you have authorized the sharing. For example, you may request that PinPoint Market Research Blog share information about the courses you’ve taken with partners to enable the partner to provide you with resume creation, skills assessment or other services. Additionally, we may share certain transactional information with our partners as needed to validate referrals and operate the platforms.
- With third parties based on your consent, such as if you enroll in a co-branded marketing program or if you explicitly accept our use of third-party advertising cookies.
- To law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate, when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order.
Please note that we may also use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data. These reports do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons. In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to your Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information collected using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice governs how we use that information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
We offer mobile applications that allow you to access your account, interact with us online and receive other information via your smartphone. When you download our mobile applications, you may choose to allow us to obtain your precise location from your mobile device. We use this information to deliver personalized content to you for our internal analytics purposes. We may also offer automatic (or “push”) notifications. We will provide push notifications only to those individuals who opt-in to receive such notifications from us. You do not have to provide location information to us or enable push notifications to use any of our mobile apps. If you have questions about location and notification privacy, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
We use physical, technical, organizational and administrative safeguards to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Information and against damage to, accidental loss or destruction of, your Personal Information. We also contractually require that our service providers protect our information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice to reflect new legal requirements or changes to the way we operate our business. We will place a notice online if we make significant changes to this the Privacy Notice. Additionally, if the changes will significantly affect the way we use or disclose previously-collected Personal Information, we will notify you about the change by sending a notice to the primary email address associated with your account.